Wednesday 24th November 6pm-8.00pm in the centre of Tooting Market.
Join us to celebrate fashion that is pre-loved, upcycled, mended or handed down and kinder to our planet.
Our models as our MCs, will be familiar to many of you, our music is being designed by Graveney Gin and our outfits are selected from the finest garments sourced from our local Oxfam Shop. Some outfits have been accessorised by students from local schools and some of the jewellery you will see was made from upcycling workshops.
Fixing Fashion Parade.
We invite our audience to take part too; a call out to everyone, prizes for the best. The categories will include:
- Come dressed in an outfit entirely sourced from a charity shop
- Who has the biggest or best repair, come dressed to show off your repairs
- Come dressed in an outfit made entirely by you• Come dressed in your best hand me downs.
- The best hand made accessories, the bigger the better
- Bring a friend and ensure they come dressed in an outfit you selected for them froma local charity shop, they can’t say no!
- Fixing fashion, do you have a coat or a banner with a message to us all, do bring italong and fly it high, wear it with pride.
The evening will also see the launch of our photography exhibition – celebrating the individuals and small businesses who fix and mend in Tooting, Part of Tooting’s RepairFest